When I was getting married, one of the main tools that helped me in my planning was Pinterest. In fact, that’s usually the number one place I go to when I’m planning a party.
I’m not the only one who goes to Pinterest when I need new ideas. In fact, more than 200 billion pins have been saved on Pinterest. And 90% of weekly Pinners make purchase decisions on Pinterest.
That’s why it’s important for businesses and marketers to be active on the platform.
- Create a business profile. Instead of using a personal page, you’ll need to get set up with a business account. With this account you’ll get access to analytics and ad services.
- Claim and link to your business website. This is an important step in verifying your business page.
- Connect your social media accounts. This is helpful so you can cross-share content and refer people to your other pages.
- Edit your profile. Add engaging profile and cover images and write a catchy (yet, optimized) bio.
Let’s review some of our top ideas below.
1. Determine the type of content you want to post.
More importantly, think about the type of content that they’ll engage with. Is it infographics, tips and tricks, or perhaps blog posts? To find this out, do some research into the type of content they currently pin on their pages.
Additionally, make sure that you don’t sell yourself with every pin. You should share relevant and helpful information on your page as well.
When you have a good idea of what your audience wants or needs to see, creating pins will be easier.
2. Consider your design.
Now that you know what you want to post, it’s important to consider what your images look like.
Your designs should be pleasing to the eye and stand out in a sea of images on your audience’s page.
3. Optimize your pins.
When you’re ready to start posting on Pinterest, remember to optimize your pins. You might be wondering, “How do I optimize my pins?”
Use the following checklist to get started:
- Include a URL (could be a link to a blog post)
- Use keywords in titles, descriptions, and image file names
- Create boards that are aligned with your keywords
- Arrange your boards and choose a board cover image
- Use hashtags
- Add a call to action
- Add a Pinterest widget to your site
- Respond to follower comments
- Follow popular boards and comment
- Create a board dedicated to your blog posts
4. Learn about categories.
For example, since I was interested in finding wedding ideas when I was engaged, most of the pins that showed up on my feed were pins that were tagged in the wedding category.
You can scroll through the categories and see which ones are related to your business. This could even help you come up with board ideas.
1. Create infographics.
Additionally, you can repurpose old blog posts into infographics.
2. Choose the best blogs to post.
For example, choose blogs that have engaging images, great downloadable offers, or have an infographic.
Additionally, think about your board topics. You should promote blogs that relate to your boards.
3. Customize your images.
When you create a pin, it’s important to use engaging, custom images. To promote a blog, you can use your featured image and include customized text.
4. Write an optimized pin description.
When you write the description for a pin promoting a blog post, it’s important to tell people what to expect in the post.
While you want to leave some mystery and pique their interest without giving away too much, they need to know what it’s about.
Additionally, you should include the appropriate search terms and keywords in your pin description.
Don’t Forget to Share this Article!
Written by Rebecca Riserbato