Join Our Team
“Once we rid ourselves of traditional thinking we can get on with creating the future.” — James Bertrand
Freelance Website Developer/Designer
Steel Blue Media is a creative agency serving clients since 2006. We are looking for a freelance, contract Website Developer/Designer to join our team. This position requires some flexibility and attention to detail. The ability to occasionally meet with the Project Manager to discuss the product design and development elements as well as provide frequent project updates. The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
In this position you will:
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Creative Director to ensure the final product adheres to the predetermined budget, scope and design.
- Must possess strong written and oral skills.
- Must have a solid grasp of Graphic Design and Website Design elements.
- Must possess excellent time management capabilities and must be able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues quickly.
- Up-to-date on current and emerging technologies, standards and trends.
- Detail oriented.
- The ability to code and deploy applications in a Cross-Platform, Cross-Browser enviromnent
- Proficient in Photoshop, Adobe Indesign, and Illustrator.
- Familiar with Development and Debugging tools for Cross-Browser issues.
- Familiar with social media and third party APIs.
- Some flexibility with schedule.
- Follow and implement Industry Accepted Best Practices and tools.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and online samples of your work and submit via email to Info@steelbluemedia.com.
In the subject line of your email please add the position: Freelance Website Developer/Designer
Job: Freelance/Contract Position – Remote with occasional onsite meetings.